Tips for Accessing Student CD
The following is a list of steps if you should have difficulty opening all or part of the student CD included in your packet. If you need additional help or want to talk to someone who can walk you through the steps, call the AHA support team directly at 1-877-242-4277 and they can walk you through it.
If you are in the assessment and can’t click on an answer, don’t click on the dot, click on the answer directly.
Please see the steps below to open the assessment:
Instructors and students who have problems opening should first check their system against the system requirements. The self-assessment only works on PCs, not Macs. You can navigate to the Self-Assessment through the following steps.
1. Open Windows Explorer or My Computer
2. Select the CD Rom drive that the disk is in.
3. Open or Double-click on the “Contents” directory
4. Open or Double-click on the “PrecourseSelfAssessment” directory
5. Double-click or Open the file “mcq_main.exe”. Media Flash player 8 is required.
Also, see the back of this page for specific questions.
This is a wonderful new product from the AHA but still working out the bugs, so it would be helpful to know any difficulties you may be having.
Health Education Associates Staff
Specific CD Questions
1. I cannot access the ACLS Precourse Self-Assessment Test.
- Internet Explorer must be open before the CD is inserted. Remove the CD from the tray; close all other applications, then insert the CD
- Download “Adobe Flash Player” from www.adobe.com if you do not have it already installed on your computer. Restart the computer after you have installed the Adobe Flash Player
If you have a pop-up blocker, remove the CD from
the tray, re-insert the CD while holding down the
“Ctrl” key so Macromedia Flash can run.
OR you can go to My Computer > Right Click On the CD-ROM drive > Explore> Double Click on PC_Start or MAC_Start
- Make sure you are using Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher (Not AOL, FireFox, Mozilla or Netscape)
- Check to make sure Active X Controls are enabled by going to Internet Explorer> Tools> Internet Options> Security Tab> Custom Level> Active X Controls and Plug-ins> Enable
- Check to make sure “Allow Active Content CDs to run on my Computer” is checked by going to Tools>Internet Options> Advanced Tab> Security
- Delete “Temp Files” Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > General > Delete Files. Click on OK
- Close other programs running in the background
- Restart the Computer
3. I cannot open “ACLS Core Drugs” or any other PDF files on the CD
- Make sure you have Adobe installed on your computer, otherwise download Adobe Acrobat Reader from www.adobe.com.
4. I can't hear any sound. What do I do?
- Make sure the speakers are turned on and the volume is turned up
Check the Volume and Mute settings on your
computer. Make sure Mute is not checked, and adjust Volume as needed.
There are multiple ways to check these settings:
■ Click on the speaker icon in your system tray. Adjust Volume if needed and make sure Mute is not checked.
■ Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices>Volume. Make sure Mute is not checked. Then go to Advanced. Adjust Volume if needed and make sure Mute is not checked.
■ Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Volume Control.
- Make sure the volume on the video clip is turned up. The Volume Control button is located at the bottom of the screen on the left.